Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Not so-Dirty Southwest

Within the last few days, I've had some good rude awakenings. I won't get into those now, but I continue to learn my shortcomings and strengths sometimes are one in the same. The things that make me a good person at times also incapacitate me. Can you care too much? According to my husband, you can love someone to death. I tend to think there is not enough love and sometimes self-sacrifice is needed, be it marriage, friendship, parenting...whatever the case my be. Also the things that make me a bad person are the things that give me strength. How can a person be so dichotomous? I honestly think that is the way we are all made. One little slip--a good person.. another slip--we are villainous! Isn't that human nature?

I really loved today. Hanging out with Jodi and Leti and the kids was great. Kelsea got a little sore throat today and didn't feel too good, but being a trooper she hung in there and slept on Leti's floor while we enjoyed coffee, dog-nuts, and chorizo and eggs! It was 104 and as usual I can not get in the damned sun because of my Lupus! The damn curse of the sun... why can't a vampire bite me or something! Everyone was so sweet and sat in the shade with me which makes me feel guilty as hell because they should be enjoying the pool.

I guess it could have been worse and all of us girls wearing CHP wool uniforms! HAHA we sorta teased the guys today because they were working and we were by the pool. They sent some pretty cute pictures of themselves all clothed in wool at the range. We felt sorry for them (for a second) and then went back to drinking water and sweating and complaining about the heat.

Thanks girls for a great day today! I loved hanging out. I love your faces. I love the kids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment