Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Focus Anna Focus :)

I have never in my life felt so thoroughly unfocused in my life! All of my thoughts are so jumbled I can't concentrate on anything. I wish that something would snap in me and I could get on with the things I need to do. I have so much to do for work and I can't even sit down at the computer and do anything at all! I lost my thumb drive and I can't find it anywhere. I think I lost it at WTP. I have a copy of it at work on my computer so I know I'm ok there unless Marty decided in his infinite wisdom that I didn't need what was on my desktop. Oh well. I need to get out to work at some point and put everything on a new flash drive. I have to do my syllabus for my honors class. Can someone please tell me if this is the 4 year teacher doldrums and when will I snap out of it?

I am seriously considering some ADHD medication if this doesn't soon get out of my head. I blame summer. Next year for sure for sure for sure i'm doing 6 weeks of summer school so that my mind doesn't turn to mush. Then i'm going to go to Virginia to be with my family for a while and the rest of the summer i'm going to hibernate and sleep! I loved working in Delano because summers were shorter, and I got more time off in the year. Those were the only advantages though.

I hate to say this but i'm not looking forward to Vegas this year. It doesn't have the same feel to it and honestly I wouldn't mind staying home and saving the money for things I need. I am going to get my class set up on Friday. Maybe I'll feel different after i'm more organized.

Things I'm looking forward to:

Starting work back and seeing my friends
3 fantasy football leagues
Mira Monte High School Football
Chargers vs. Jaguars September 19th
Cold Weather
Happy Hours with MMHS Peeps
Book Clubs
We the People
I'm going to book Jerry and I a cruise at some point.

That's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's the 4 year teacher doldrums....I'm experiencing the same thing. You should see me right now! I am in my comfy chair watching TV and working on my laptop (nothing whatsoever to do with the teaching stuff i have to get done). I think I'll kick into gear by Friday...I hope cause i got a butt load to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way often...I think for me the lack of focus is that I have no goals or time frames in which to finish things a lot of the time. Soooo I make up goals which make some members of my family a bit nutty but, then, sometimes they make me nutty too!

    ReplyDelete